Built about 1890 by J.R.Nowell this two room frame store was the home of the first Wendell post office. The building was originally located on Buffalo Street (now Wendell Falls Parkway) across from the Nowell’s house but was moved to its current location and restored by the Wendell Historical Society in the early 1980s. The exterior is simply finished with plain weatherboard walls, double front doors, 4/4 sash windows, a stone exterior end chimney, gable returns and a diamond-shaped gable vent.
The interior is sheathed with flat horizontal boards and retains old post office boxes original to the period and a simple post and lintel mantelpiece. On July 15,1991, the 100th anniversary of the Wendell Post Office, the U. S. Postal Service authorized the use of a specially designed stamp cancellation and reopening of the old post office for the day.